Tickets are on sale for the 2017 drama club performance of "Once Upon a Mattress". They can be purchased from the attendance office or Mrs. Lovecchio. Ticket cost is student $7 and adult $9.
Attention Juniors and Seniors! The Prom committee is in need of artificial christmas trees and white christmas lights. If you have either items and are willing to let us borrow them, please speak to Mrs. Gates, Ms. Foote or Mrs. Hartmann.
School and Business Alliance (SABA) is coordinating 20-hour unpaid internships to be done during spring break Saturday April 15th - Saturday April 22nd) for eligible juniors and seniors. Students participate in the internship in a career area of their choice and will receive a Certificate of Completion. In order to qualify students must:
Have demonstrated excellent attendance
Provide their own transportation
Be approved by their school counselor
Applications are available in the Guidance office and are due by Thursday, March 30th.
Sunday, April 2nd
High School Auditorium
Rising Stars at Rome Capitol Theatre
Starting March 25th
Saturday classes for Grades 3 through 12
Pick up a flyer in the guidance office.
The NYM Marauders Athletic Booster Club is sponsoring a Spring Raffle. Items to be raffled off are a Dyson V6 Slimm cordless Vacuum, 4 x 6 oval rug and a Mr. Coffee Optimal Brew Coffee Maker. Drawing will be held April 5. Tickets are 1 for $2.00 or 3 for $5.00 on sale at the attendance office or at upcoming sporting events.
Seniors - Please let Mrs. Ellis and Ms. Hurlbut know of your college acceptances.
Varsity Jackets - Any athletes who believe they have enough credits for a varsity jacketor will have enough after spring sports. Please stop by the guidance office. The jackets will be ordered after the end of all spring sports.
Seniors, there are new scholarships arriving weekly. Check out the guidance section or stop by the guidance/counseling office.
Science Fun Facts For the Week
- It is estimated that the temperatures inside the sun reach 15 million degrees celsius.
- The sun is composed of about 70% hydrogen and 30% helium.
- The sun is about 109 times wider than earth and about 330,000 times as massive.
- The sun contains about 99% of all the mass in our solar system.
- After all the hydrogen is consumed in the sun, it will consume all of the helium. At that point, it will continue to exist for about 130 million years, but it will expand to the point where Mercury, Venus and the Earth will be consumed as well.